1. Check your eligibility.
- You must take an adult driver’s ed course if:
- ● You live in Texas and are at least 18
- ● You live in Texas and are under the age of 25
2. Pass the course.
3. Receive your certificate of completion.
4. Complete the Impact Texas Young Drivers (ITYD) course.
- This is mandated by the state of Texas. You must complete this after you’ve completed your driver’s ed course and no more than 90 days before you take your road test.
5. Go to the DPS to take your hearing exam, vision exam, and road test.
- Make sure you have everything you need before heading there!
6. Get your license!
- Time to celebrate… all your hard work paid off!